Calcites are remarkable healing stones, and red calcite is no exception.
They have a gentle and penetrating energy that is able to get to the heart of an issue.
Red Calcite is an excellent stone for grounding and moving stagnant energy. It works particularly well with the first and second chakras. As it works, it increases energy, leaving you feeling invigorated and vibrant.
Healing Energy of Red Calcite
Another interesting use for red calcite arises from the way it looks — similar to muscle. Because of this, it is a wonderful mineral for easing physical muscle tension.
I have a friend who is a nurse, and she purchased a red calcite for her own physical healing. The next week she came back and bought 2 more because she had given hers to a patient. Two weeks later she came back again and said she needed 10 stones. “I keep giving them to patients and they love them, so I can’t keep my own stone.” She still comes by now and then to get her supply of calcite. “It just makes everyone feel really good,” she tells me.
Red Calcite is also a great stone to use when you are starting a new project — particularly a creative project.
Exercise to Use With Red Calcite
Here is an exercise you can do when you are beginning a project or new phase of your life.
The intention of this exercise is to address and release any fear or anxiety about the project (or life change). Anything that might hold you back.
These are the steps:
- Sit in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Hold a red calcite on your 2nd chakra (just below your navel).
- Focus on any fear or anxiety you have about your plan/project that is holding you back.
- Create an image/color for this fear and surround your image with the color red. (It can also just be a red ball.)
- Let the color surround the image you have come up with.
- Focus on your breath — take a deep breath in and as you release the breath, imagine you are releasing/pushing your fear into the stone held at the 2nd chakra.
- Do this breath work for as long as the color remains in your body (or until it significantly dissapates).
- Take one final breath and really push the last of the color into the stone.
- Remove the stone and cleanse.
This exercise can be done several times if the issue you are working on is large.
You can get extra support as you do this by creating a circle of grounding stones around the place you are sitting.
I find this exercise very helpful. It bypasses the thinking mind and just works with the body.
The less you get into your head about it, the better it will work. I know this from my own experience :).
I will create a video to talk you through this. Click here for the video.